NSW Industry Training Advisory Bodies (ITABs)
Please see list attached: 2015 ITABs contact details
11 ITABs provide the Department of Industry with independent advice on the training and skill needs of industry, which will facilitate workforce development.
ITABs play a critical role in engaging with industry and providers to support employee training, up-skilling and education initiatives, bringing benefits to employers, employees and the NSW economy.
They help identify training priorities, formulate policy, implement reforms, design industry related strategies and to partner on industry skill initiatives.
This work makes a contribution to meeting training targets under the NSW State Plan and through Commonwealth/State agreements.
NSW ITABs are State funded and the funding is tied to the provision of services to support critical operational areas of the vocational education and training (VET) system in NSW.
ITABs play a key role in:
- identifying and prioritising industry skills and workforce development training needs
- establishing apprenticeship and traineeship pathways and their suitability as schools-based arrangements
- advising on options to strengthen vocational pathways in schools
- assisting in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of national Training Packages
- providing advice and information to RTOs regarding registration processes as well as the accreditation and review of courses.
In addition they:
- develop training and career information resources
- provide professional support to RTOs, including TAFE NSW
- provide professional advice on training and workforce development to industry and enterprise
- promote the benefits and opportunities of vocational education and training to their industries.
Industry sector coverage in NSW
- Arts, Communications, Finance Industries & Property Services
- Food, Primary Industry & Racing
- Forest, Forest Products & Furnishing
- Manufacturing & Engineering, Light Manufacturing (Textiles, Clothing & Footware) & Process Manufacturing
- Community Services & Health
- Construction and Select Property Services
- Public Sector
- Utilities & Electrotechnology
- Sport & Recreation, Tourism & Hospitality, Wholesale, Retail & Personal Services
- Resources and Infrastructure
- Transport & Logistics & Automotive