Greater Northern Skills Development Group Inc (GNSDG Inc) is an independent, not for profit Incorporated Association established to encourage and assist skills development within the Greater Northern Region of New South Wales.
The key objectives of the GNSDG Inc are to promote skills development and training, support industry and the community and develop communication strategies. This will occur by:
- Conducting the New England Regional Training Awards
- Engaging local industries and communities in the GNSDG Inc
- Improving Quality of Vocational Education and Training
- Encouraging participation in skills development
- Assisting implementation of school to work transition
- Developing IT and media strategies and communicating with members and stakeholders
Benefits of Membership
- Be involved in the promotion of skills development and training
- Establish new and improved networks with service providers, employers and the community
- Improve coordination with service providers through access to a regional activity calendar which will include key events such as employer and business forums, careers markets and expos
- Access communication strategies to share information and resources
- Participate in information sessions to identify new opportunities and financial assistance associated with various government programs.
- Understand the establishment of career pathways and scholarships including work placement to full time employment
- Understand strategies for training pathways including school based traineeships and apprenticeships, upskilling and retraining of the existing workforce
- Access professional development opportunities
If you would like to become a member of the GNSDG Inc, download the Membership Application Form (PDF)
Complete it and return the form to:
State Training Services
PO Box 399
Tamworth NSW 2340
For further information contact Bede Maher Ph: 67555083 or Greg Poetschka Ph: 67555093.